Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Perfect Tomato





Does the perfect tomato exist? I don't know, but the Beefmaster comes pretty close. I have been looking for a tomato that has 1) high productivity, 2) large, nicely shaped fruit, 3) crack resistance, 4) produces over a long period, 5) tangy taste (not low acid), a lot of pulp while not dry inside. I've grown dozens of varieties over the years but this year's Beefmaster is now my all-time favorite, even ahead of Burpee's Big Boy Hybrid, Early Girl, and Better Boy. Check out these pictures of my August harvest. If there is a perfect tomato, the one on the crate is the closest I have come to finding it.

1 Comments:

At October 13, 2008 at 6:06 PM , Blogger The James Family said...

I agree...those tomatoes were amazing! miss you!-Kerstin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home